Monday, April 25, 2011

Manic Mommy Monday: Traveling

Traveling with a toddler... Ug.  For the Easter holiday we traveled to Maryland from North Carolina to visit with family.  For both legs of the trip I had tried to plan the driving around Mattingly's nap/ sleep schedule.  Well, she did not want to sleep.  I am not sure if she was just really interested in everything that was going on or what, but she only slept about an hour (right before we arrived) on the trip up and slept for another hour (as soon as we got in the car) on the way home.  This was not what I planned and although she was a great in the car for the 6 hour drives, it was much harder to try to keep her occupied.  I found myself turned around for most of the trip picking up dropped/thrown books and pacifiers.  Overall she was a real trooper, but if she had slept for 3 hours each way as planned, it would have been much easier.  I am not sure how people who do even longer trips manage!

No comments:

Post a Comment