Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Fit Club: P90X Review

P90X is a workout program from Beach Body which promises "In just 90 days, you can get back in shape, or build the body you've always wanted. All you need is a set of dumbbells or resistance bands, a pull-up bar, and about an hour a day. No gym membership required." 

My husband and I borrowed the P90X program from my mother.  We would put our daughter to bed and workout, every night.  Chin ups, pull ups, lunges, jumps and crazy one handed and clap push ups.  We were strict for 8 weeks, then we would miss a night or be too tired, but we continued and finished most of the last month.  The results were great.  I finally slimmed down my arms after the pregnancy and my legs and stomach were toned.  I was in shape for the summer and we took a few months off, as suggested by the program.

We tried to start back up again early this spring, but not even the results from the 1st round could motivate me to put the necessary time into the program.  The shortest workout is 52 minutes (not including the ab workout) and the longest is 90 minutes.  One option is to wake up at 6:00 am to workout and still have time to shower, wake Mattingly and get her to school and us to work.  We tried this for a bit, but I am NOT a morning person.  The other option is to workout again after Mattingly goes to sleep.  The problem with that is there are so many other things that need to happen, I can't focus.  So, as Paul continues to wake up at 6:00am, I sleep.

My review - if you have all the time in the world, this is a great workout and provides great results.  But if you are a mother who works full time and tries her best to take care of her husband and her house, this workout is just too time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment