Monday, March 8, 2010

I am a "Woman Driver"

Oh jeez...  I always laughed at the stereotype of a 'woman driver', even contributing when I passed a 'woman driver' on the highway with their blinker on too long, or when they are swerving all over the place.  Do having children make you a bad driver?  I don't have the statistics about whether all those 'woman drivers' that I have made fun of have children, but that is the only logical explanation for my recent parking job.

I have always prided myself on my good driving.  I always use my blinker (to an OCD level), I am courtesty and thoughful when it comes to other drivers and am pretty cautious.  Although I tend to have a lead foot, I am a very safe driver.  I used to curse drivers who would park over the line and prevent me from enjoying the full space that I thought was MINE.  I took this picture of my parking job while dropping Mattie off at day care the other day.  Really! 

I don't know what my problem is but I have noticed that I have been parking poorly ever since she was born.  Is bad driving hormonal, or do we just stop caring about every other driver because we have more important things to worry about?  I am sure the mom or dad who parked next to me cursed me when they learned they could not have there child exit on the drivers side because I was taking up too much space!  I am going to try to make it in the lines next times, but no promises.  One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment